Last Tuesday I went down to visit Matt Warren and finally try to go surfing in Ocean City, NJ. It was fun. It was also very, very hard. Here are a few pics:
The boardwalk
The boardwalk at night.
The beach in the moonlight.
Wednesday, July 16th
My mom, my brother and Amanda (his fiancé) and I went out to dinner with my Aunt, Uncle and cousin (and his fiancé). This was a test shot of using the timer to try to get a picture of all of us. I never actually took the real shot. Notice how my cousin actually posed for this one. Bonus!
Friday, July 18th
My Mom and I at a Hibachi steakhouse for one last feast before my departure.
Saturday, July 19th
I went into the city (that is, New York City, specifically, Manhattan) with my friend Jamie, my brother, and his fiancé, Amanda.
Jamie wanted to go to the Strand Bookstore, an incomprehensible labyrinth of books.
I wanted to go to the Empire State Building (the original plan was the Statue of Liberty, but that didn't work out).
Can't even see the top...
Oh! There it is!
South, toward Downtown.
Southeast, looking across the Hudson to Jersey City.
A beautiful, New Jersey sunset.
The view from the top 90% of the time until you get to the edge. Nice.
North toward Central Park
A better look at Central Park
The Chrysler building on the left and the United Nations on the right.
A better look at the Chrysler building.
A pigeon. Yes, they can apparently fly that high!
Jamie enjoys the view.
Andy and Amanda enjoy the view.
The beautiful New Jersey sunset even more fully progressed.
Me at the top!
We went to a place called the Spotted Pig for dinner. This was its sign.
Then it was off to the world-famous Magnolia Bakery for dessert. This already-famous bakery was made even more popular by the SNL digital short, "Lazy Sunday".
My brother and I.
This is what it looks like inside.
That's a lot of boxes.
It's all about the cupcakes.
I've been told that I look like a snake unhinging its jaw in this picture.
Jamie exhausted after a long day.
They're cute.
That's it!
Sunday, July 20th
On Sunday, a bunch of my friends and I went out for lunch at Applebee's and then to see the new Batman movie, the Dark Knight. It was good, but REALLY creepy.
Ok, that's it for now!