I was driving up the main street through the center of town the other day on a part of the road which is marked 25 Mph (but which definitely doesn't need to be that slow). As the driver behind me filled up my rearview window, I felt that hot feeling of bitterness welling up in me again.
"Just once", I thought to myself, "I'd really love to slam on the brakes when a jerk like this is tailgating me. After he smashes into me, I'll just tell him I saw a squirrel run in front of my car."
I knew I shouldn't, obviously, and a little further down the road as I got closer to my house, I thought, "And what if this guy behind me is one of my neighbors? Wouldn't that be a little awkward pulling into my driveway and realizing he lives just down the street?
And then I came to my senses and remembered the answer a man got one time when he asked, "And who is my neighbor?"