Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ha-Noise

Without question, Hanoi is the craziest city I have ever visited, and I mean that in an endearing way.

I began writing this post several times, mostly trying to wax eloquent about the "charm" of Hanoi . . . but I think I'll just let these videos speak for themselves:


Crossing the street (in rather light traffic).


My first motorbike ride in Vietnam!


As you can see, traffic is a little different here than at home. Is this a shallow and clichéd aspect of Vietnam? Yes. But is it a real part of Vietnam? Yes. I want to notice the subtle and substantial things about life in Vietnam, but I can't help noticing something as different as this.

I'm still int the honeymoon stage. It's exciting, it's fun. These wild differences are fascinating all over again (the second time around, now). So I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

For many, many (too many) more photos and videos from my time in Vietnam, please check out this page.