Monday, July 14, 2008

Camp VN 2006: Part 2: Tour of Training Facilities

As mentioned in the first recap post, training was held at California Baptist University. It was a really nice campus. Here are a few highlights:

Sunday, July 2, 2006

My friend Mark from TCNJ who went to TCNJ with me walks to breakfast with his roommate.






My team hanging out.


The theater/auditorium where we had the large general training sessions.


They had a really nice dining hall.


Check out this beautiful tree!


Same tree from another angle.

The campus looked even more pretty as the sun began to set:











That night, Mandi and I tried to go to Walmart for some last-minute supplies. A really nice woman from the organization was giving rides pretty late into the evening. As we waited for our turn, we talked with some fellow shoppers and Mandi even kept us entertained with her typical playful attitude:


As we sat talking, I covered up this bright light with my shoe to shield my eyes. The result . . .


. . . was THIS! My shoe literally started smoking from being so hot!



(You may need to turn your volume up. In case you still can't hear her, she's singing, "I've got the whole world in my hands . . .") 
See what I told you about Mandi being playful? That's a globe, by the way. It's really neat. It's supported by the water flowing up from underneath. It's not attached at all. It's just a huge marble (or some kind of stone) sphere.


Anyway, Mandi thought it was pretty cool.


There were also some neat fountains.




Ok, this picture has been touched up and looks a little silly, but I thought the view of the moon framed by the palm leaves was nice.

Oh, and we didn't make it to Walmart that night. By the time it was our turn, Walmart was closed.